QuickBooks is an accounting software package developed and marketed by Intuit. Their products are geared mainly toward small and medium-sized businesses and offer on-premises accounting applications as well as cloud-based versions that accept business payments, manage and pay bills, and payroll functions. Voted #1 in accounting software for small business.
- Track income & expenses.
- Send custom invoices & quotes.
- Snap & store receipts.
- Connect with your bank.
- Manage pay-roll.
- The Self-Employed plan starts at US$15 per month.
More About Quickbooks
Find out what each expert had to say about Quickbooks
We’ve used 2 platforms over the past 5 years for our accounting: Wave and Quickbooks.
I can give some pros and cons of each:
✓ Wave Accounting Software:
– Free to use & start
– Easy to use for those not familiar with accounting
– Easy automatic reminders for overdue invoices
– Some limitations for online management of past records
– No android app when we were using it (unsure of now)
– Missing some smaller features that Quickbooks makes standard like mileage tracking
✓ Quickbooks Online:
– Better record keeping options: detailed matching & reconciling of records to payments, online search options, etc.
– Due to it’s popularity, easier to find bookkeepers & accountants familiar with the system
– Plenty of features to dig into.
– No free model to start – can be discouraging for new businesses
– Bit of a learning curve & can be time consuming – learning how to reconcile payments, how products & services work, etc. Almost too many options.
– Recurring invoices can be a bit unusual / inconsistent.
Margaret H. Geiger
As a small business, it’s important to stay organized with finances. I use Quickbooks Self-Employed. It’s only $9.99 a month and I utilize the mobile app every day for sending invoices, logging mileage, keeping up with tax deadlines, and logging all expenses and profits. I can also connect my accountant to the software through email, so she is able to see everything – making doing taxes a quick and easy process. (Your accountant will love you, too!)
Quickbooks Self-Employed is great for small businesses and freelancers because it’s inexpensive and very user-friendly. It breaks down your total profit for the year, income, expenses, mileage with potential deductions, invoices to be paid or overdue, tax deadlines AND connects directly to your business bank account. Track transactions and upload receipts through the app. No more receipt hoarding! I recommend this software for anyone. There are other programs and levels depending on your business’ needs. Quickbooks makes staying organized a piece of cake!
I’d recommend that small businesses try out and use Quickbooks. This was actually the first software that I used for accounting and I liked it so much, that I didn’t need to look for anything else. It’s simple to use, too. You connect your accounts, they get updated in the background, and then you can segment your expenses, earnings, and anything else that you would like to add-in. Highly recommended.
What is Quickbooks?
Quickbooks is a cloud accounting software.
Is Quickbooks any good?
Our experts voted for Quickbooks as the #1 accounting software for small businesses.
Is Quickbooks free to use?
Quickbooks offers a free 30-day trial.
What are the best features of Quickbooks?
Track expenses, customise invoices, run reports and even more all from one place.